Thursday, July 28, 2011

injured reserve for a reason.

So I have been thinking a lot lately about why certain things happen and I've come to realize that people and events come into our lives to teach us a lesson, a purpose. To everything there is a reason and it's up to us to find out what that is.

I'm pretty sure I've just about broke/torn enough body parts in my life to consider living inside a bubble- collarbone, thumb, wrist, 2 ACL surgeries, 2 finger joint surgeries, floating bone had to be removed from my other knee, stress fractures, etc you name it and I've probably done it. I've had mono, I've had the swine flu..come on, seriously? And now I'm about to have surgery on my ankle/foot to repair two tendons/broken bone I tore playing soccer.

Being injured is frustrating because you can't do the things you love to do but being out of sports also makes you realize the importance of the little things. Sometimes we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life, rushing through trying to get as many tasks done as we can but it's important to take time to reflect on the gifts you have TODAY. You never know what tomorrow will bring.

So back on the injured list I go. I may not know why I got hurt again, but I do know that this is just a fork in the road and I will make it through because I know God has a plan and his plan is perfect. In the next couple months of recovery, I know there will be hard days ahead but I also know that God wouldn't take me down this road unless he had a purpose.

My challenge to you is that whatever you are facing in life today- know that everything happens for a reason. You may not know why you are where you are or why certain things are going on but know that God would never give you something you couldn't handle. You just have to be willing to listen and hear his voice.

2 comments:

  1. So true. It is so easy to get caught up in a schedule without stepping outside the daily routine to appreciate the great and little aspects of life. Good luck on your surgery today, I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I not know you had a blog?! This is so great! Love it.

    ReplyDelete