Saturday, January 18, 2014

Thanks, Steve.

"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs

If I'm truly honest, I really don't know much about ol' Steve (other than my direct association with him and Apple) but when I read this quote by him earlier in the week, I decided to take a closer look. I love this message because it inspires us to have the courage to figure out what we want out of life and to chase after it. Steve was a man of many talents but he listened to his heart and went after his passions to make a difference in the world.

I reflected on these simple words of wisdom this week and began thinking about what it is that I feel called to do with my life. If you know me, this is something I've been reflecting on a lot lately. Whether that's because I'm a quarter century old now and older people tend to reflect more... I don't know :) However, for as long as I can remember, I have always loved helping people; it's a true passion. I love making people smile and laugh. I feel good when other people feel good. I love helping people see themselves in a better light and I like making others around me better. I like sending cards of encouragement and I love random acts of kindess :) So while, at 25, I still may be trying to figure out where my true passion lies in life and what I'm called to do... I think it's safe to say I'm heading in the right direction. Recently, as my life was completely changed by my IDEO leg brace, I've felt a special calling to use this experience to help others. It's completely changed my life and meant so much to me that I want to do something to give back and help other people with what I've been through. Who knows where the path will lead, but I'm going to stay open and keep listening to my heart - knowing God is directing my steps. Maybe sometime this week, take time to think about what it is you feel called to do. What is in your heart? Sometimes, just realizing where your natural talents lie can help you to see the innate gifts God has blessed you with and then you may begin to see how you can use those gifts to help others.

So, thanks Steve. I appreciate your words of wisdom. Life is an interesting journey; may we always find the time to be still enough to hear God's voice in our life and in our heart, and may we have the courage to go after it.

No comments:

Post a Comment