Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Hanger Clinic

As I sit here on the plane, returning home from a week at the Hanger Clinic in Gig Harbor, Washington, I am reminded of how fortunate I truly am. It was an incredible week - not only did I receive my backup IDEO device, but I met a few amazing IDEO athletes- some military, others civilians, but all with a story of strength and the will not to let their injury be the end of their story.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again, you don't meet many people like Ryan Blanck in life. Someone who truly cares about helping people and who goes above and beyond what is required of him. I've never met a more selfless person. Being at the Hanger Clinic felt like family - a place where you are not seen as different; a place where people don't tell you to slow down because you are injured, but a place where you are inspired to be the best you can be.

The Hanger Clinic is a place where you are not seen for how your injury limits you, but for how it makes you stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment