Friday, February 28, 2014

Storybook Called Life.


When I was a kid, my grandfather was a preacher
He'd talk about love, yeah he was something like a teacher
He said God only helps those
Who learn to help themselves
He was a million miles from a million dollars
But you can never spend his wealth


Pandora picked this song for me on Monday and I must have literally “YouTube’d” it more than 10x in the last week. It’s called Preacher by OneRepublic. I think there are some songs that speak to your heart and this is one of those to me. 

I had an epiphany and I think part of it came after replaying “Preacher” over and over throughout the past week :) All of a sudden it sunk in how much I have been through in the last three years and I started to get this feeling that I was invincible - like if I can go through all of this, there’s nothing I cannot do. I’ve literally been to the bottom and back again. And then it hit me… It’s not because of MY strength or personal fortitude that I made it through this – it’s because of God and HIS strength. I truly believe that God helps those who help themselves but it’s through trials that we grow stronger in our faith and relationship with Him – not by our own doing but by His. In our weakness He is strong. Adversity is a teacher and in going through trials you may not be able to see how much you are growing but looking back it’s amazing and truly a gift to see how far you’ve come and what you have learned about yourself and your faith along the way. I was literally beaming with joy thinking how much this experience has strengthened and developed my relationship with Christ and confidence to take whatever life throws at me, knowing He is in control.
 
As one of the verses says, “He was a million miles from a million dollars, but you can never spend his wealth.” – I may have been through some really difficult experiences but I can’t put a price on what I have learned in my walk during this time.  It’s the storybook called life.

I’ll leave with a quote that I came across this week:

"At any given moment, you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end." ~Christine Mason Miller

Never lose your faith and never give up. Let God write your story by staying in faith and following your heart. Things will happen in life but it’s up to you to decide how you will respond. We can’t always see how the story will end but we can stay in faith knowing who has the pen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment