Sunday, February 2, 2014

Laugh Often. Seek Joy. Have Faith.

Since receiving my IDEO brace in November, my life has changed dramatically. If I look at where I was this time two years ago, or even a year ago, you would notice a huge difference in the activities that I am able to do. I've gone from being able to barely walk around the grocery store to sprinting up bleachers during my lunch break. In every sense of the way, I've gotten my life back. I have learned so much from this experience (& still am) seeing the ways God has made me stronger for what I have been through.

One of the lessons I've come to learn is that no matter what you are facing you really have to find a way to laugh everyday. I am always thanking God for the gift of optimism and cheerfulness he put in my heart. I tend to see the glass as half full (not to say I'm 100% optimistic but I'm pretty close to that!) and it's very much a true blessing to see the world in this way. I think one of the keys to staying so positive is making sure that you laugh everyday. Even during the hard times in life, when things don't seem to be going your way, you have to stay in faith and find something good in everyday.

Look at life with an open heart and ask God to show you how to help others around you so together we can live in Christ's joy and strength. Just as there are ways to make a difference in the world by helping others, there are ways to bring happiness by spreading your smile. Help people to laugh and you will laugh too. Seek joy in trying circumstances and never lose your faith. When you start to see the humor God puts on your daily path, you will know what I mean :)

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment