Sunday, August 17, 2014

Living in Trust.

Trusting God in all things requires that we give up control to make things happen for ourselves. I don't know about you, but I tend to strive for change and constantly question myself on my path in life. "Am I making a difference? Is this the right career path? How can I help more people on a daily basis? When am I going to meet someone? Should I extend my lease? Is this where I want to live? Maybe I should get a dog?..". The list goes on and on :)

Lately, I've been reflecting on life and just trying to figure it out but in doing so I've realized that God's plan for us is not to figure out our "path" so to speak, but to trust Him to lead us to it. We don't have to strive to find the answers, we need to live by trusting God. Have you ever noticed when you want something really bad and you try so hard to make it happen, only to find it wasn't what you thought it would be? Or you strive to go down a path you believe is best for you, but you constantly feel like you're pushing and pushing but nothing is happening? You can try to make things happen for yourself or you can believe God to make it happen for you.  Let His will be done, not yours. It's a peaceful experience when you finally let go of what you think if best for you and trust God to take care of you. It's not easy to give up control, but you'll feel better when you do. I know I did :)

Do you want to live wondering when/why/how things are going to happen or do you want to walk in peace knowing God will carry you through?
 
The choice is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment