Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lessons to Remember

1. You don't have to hug strangers, even if they ask for a hug in the supermarket. It's ok not to.

A man once asked me for a hug at HEB and I didn't know what to say so I did. I realized though, you don't have to give random strangers a hug. That's weird.

2. When buying slices of meat, always ask for thin slices.

My mom asked me to get some turkey sliced at the meat counter and the lady asked me how thick to make the slices... well I figured a 3 would be good. The slices came out very thick. Oopsies.

3. Never tell someone you don't want to be their friend anymore. You can't take that back.

4. Don't live your life trying to please someone else. You can't.

5. Don't look at people that seem creepy because they will keep looking at you.

I was riding a train in Italy with my friend one summer and I noticed this weird man staring at me. I kept glancing back to see if he was still looking at me. Ya that made situations worse when I realized he was taking a picture of me with his phone.

6. Don't sit by chocolate. You will eat it all. It will dominate you.

7. It's more important to be honest. In the end, just say what you feel.

I think this is one of the hardest lessons to learn because I never want to hurt anyone's feelings. But I've come to see that it's better to be truthful than to make excuses about your decisions.

8. If you feel the need to tell someone something, like "How are you?" or "Have a good day!" or sending someone a card- act on it because it may be God's way of using you.

9. When trying to lose weight, avoid pasta, rolls, ice cream, and chips.

10. If you get nervous when you are confronting someone about a problem and you don't know what to say, just speak from your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment